HTML – Hyper Text Markup Language (Not a programming language, but a mark-up language) for generating web pages.
HTML is a simple text file which is recited by web browsers (like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome) and demonstrated as web page. To create a webpage you would have to learn Web Designing so if you Want to Learn Web Design Basics? Then this article is meant for you.
With HTML, you can craft your own website. This tutorial on html is planned for beginners so that they can learn about the Basics of HTML.
HTML Tags & Elements
<html>, <head>, <title> and <body> are all HTML tags. HTML tags are code words enclosed by angle brackets. Tags are recycled by web browsers to mark-up the web pages. There are many kinds of tags nested in HTML document, each having altered meanings. Most of these tags come in pair – starting tag and end tag. End tag is dissimilar from starting tag by a forward slash “/”.
Web pages are made of a series of features. Elements containing of start tag, end tag and some content in between.
As of now, treat <html> tag as the starting and end tag of any HTML document. The html codes amid<html> and </html> makes the web page.
<title> tag describes the web page title. The content amid these tags seem at the title bar of the page. All these concepts constitute the Basics of HTML.
Putting right and suitable title for your web page is very significant. Search engines like ‘Google’ and ‘Bing’ give a lot of prominence to the title of the page in their search results. Make sure to put asuitable title to all of your web pages.
<title> tags are put in between <head> tags. The content between the <head> tags does not directly seem in the main content of web page. Though, it is chiefly used for providing info about the page apart from some other functions. <head> tags are usually placed before <body> tags in html construction.
HTML Headings are just the same as you have predicted– ‘Title’ of the webpage.
Headings are well-defined with <h1> to <h6> tags, ‘h1’ being the most significant and prominent. The size of the text between these tags reduces with ‘h2’, ‘h3’ and so on. By default, headings are displayed in bold text.
Save this webpage as ‘headings.html’ in html folder. Open this file in your web browser to see the alteration between numerous html headings. Did you notice the gap between the html headings? This is since browsers add some unfilled space before and after headings to make these more noticeable.
Now you are aware as howto put a heading, it’s time to know about the HTML paragraphs. Html headings as well as html paragraphs are usually put in amid<body> tags. These are used to matter your written contents.
HTML paragraph is distinct with <p> and </p> tags. As with heading tag,breach is left before and after the paragraph tag.
Save the file and open in your web browser. As you can see, it is simple to use the html paragraphs!
You may have anticipated a line break in the second line of the paragraph; however, web browsers will eliminate all line breaks and extra spaces automatically when the page is displayed. So what to do?
<br /> tag
To present a line break, use <br /> tag. You may use two or more <br /> tags for more space between the lines. As you have noticed, ‘br’ tag does not come in duo, only <br /> is used. To test <br /> tag, change the html codes amid paragraph by injecting a <br /> tag as following
You may use <br> in place of <br /> to get the line break, though, it is not the right practice.
What are HTML Attributes?
Attributes are related with tags (and elements) and deliver extra information to the browsers. These appear in HTML documents like this: <tag attribute=”value”>Some Content</tag>. Attributes are linked only with the inaugural tag and placed inside quotation marks. Attributes describes the look and feel of elements apart from some other important functions.
HTML Images are one of the most significant and stimulating part of world Wide Web. Images are used to make web pages eye-catching and aid to get the message across. Placing HTML image in web page is quite easy.
HTML Image Tips
Be cautious while putting both the attributes (height and width) of html images together. If the ratio of width and height of original image is not same as defined with attributes, the image may seemstrained in web page. It is optional to use only one of the attributes at a time.
Image size is relative to its width, height and quality. Images may take a lot of space on web server if their size is better. It will also take more time to download and display on user’s browser. It is therefore; wise to have the size of image just as per obligation. If the actual width and height of the image is smaller than what is being displayed, it will look pixilated.
Basic HTML Table are shaped by using <table>, <tr> (Table Row) and <td> (Table Cell) tags. It may seem to be a little challenging at the opening, but as you complete this part of tutorial on html, it will be all simple.
There are three crucial colors in HTML web pages – Red, Green and Blue. All the different colors are usually demonstrated in a website are made of only these three primary colors.
The prime colors are merged with each other in variable amount to build millions of colors. The capacity of primary colors (RGB) is mentioned in numeric values from 0 (lowest) to 255 (highest). If you are willing to get red color output, the numeric value of ‘R’ (Red) will be 255, while each of ‘G’ (Green) and ‘B’ (Blue) will be 0. For white, the numeric value for all three colors will be 255 and for black it will be 0.
Defining Colors in web pages
Defining Colors with Names
Colors are defined in three different styles in a webpage. The simple one is to write the name of the color directly like style=” background-color: Green;”. However, it is not possible to recall the name of many colors. For further in Web designing it is important to learn HTML,
These HTML Tips will aid you generateoperative website and guide you about what is a must and what should be ducked.
• For learning HTML, simple text editor like notepad works best. Other software may help you craft your WebPages rapidly, but you will not have the full command over your webpages.
• Standardize font-color, font-size, background color, etc. and keep it similar for all pages of your website.
• Standardize the configuration of your webpages. This will aid you to add and edit contents easily.
• Bright colors, flashing pictures, moving texts, etc. should be better circumvented. These will amuse your visitor from your website
• Keep respectable quality content in your WebPages. If your website does not have good information, visitors will not return back to your website.
• For observing the HTML code of any webpage, right click on it and choice ‘View Source’, ‘View Page Source’ or similar.
• Close all tags. Although most browsers will display your webpage properly even if you forget closing tags.
• Avoid using criticized tags and attributes like <font>, <center> and <u>.Unless it is absolutely mandatory.
You may use convenient templates, search for ‘free website template’. Further in templates you can also go through Point for Designing Html Template for Email Marketing
• I praise to use doctype declaration for your WebPages
• Spend time on choosing proper title for your webpage. This resolves how your webpage will be index by the search engines.
• Must use meta description tag for all your WebPages. It upsurges the prominence of your website in search result.
• Meta keywords tag is no more important. However, you may like to add one in your webpage.
• View your webpage with all widespread web browsers as some browsers may display your page contrarily.
• Use images on your webpage cautiously. Decrease the size of images with image optimizers
• Define width and height for images. In case the image does not load properly, the page-layout will continue to remainunaffected.
• All these things are essential if you want to learn about the Basics of HTML.